Guide For Secure Shopify to Magento Data Migration. No doubt, when you step into the e-commerce business, choosing the ideal e-commerce platform is one of the most challenging tasks. The situation becomes even worse when you are welcomed with tons of other e-commerce platforms, having the same features and objectives. Here, coming up with a final decision can be a little tricky.
Importance of Platform
Being a website owner, you very well know how important it is to choose the right e-commerce platform for your business. Because your online store is flooded with a high range of products and will become even more massive in the future, selecting the online platform that can handle such a big assortment and doesn’t reflect any issue becomes a priority. So, it is essential to be ready at all times.
For instance, you run an online store on the Shopify platform, but after some time, you encounter the problems handling a wide array of products and services you offer. At this point, what would you do? Because your online store is unable to perform well in several aspects, including loading speed, flexibility, responsiveness, product uploading, etc. so, it will become tough to stand out in the digital crowd and earn benefits.
But what if you can improve the overall performance of your website by migrating it to a more feature-rich platform like Magento? Yes, it is possible. Now you can achieve all your online business goals, namely boosting the traffic, scale sales, and improving its loading speed by just migrating from Shopify to Magento following the simple steps.
This blog post is intended to provide complete information to Shopify store owners about how to migrate your current store to Magento. Not only this, but we have also mentioned a few reasons why you should choose Magento for re-platforming.
Let’s find out!
Step-by-Step Guide to Perform Shopify to Magento 2 Migration
Here’s a complete guide of how you can accomplish the successful Shopify to Magento data migration. So, let’s start our list –
Step 1: Set Up Your Magento 2 Store
Before you kick off the migration, the first and prime step is to set up your Magento 2 (latest version of Magento) store. You can do this in the following steps-
● Start with setting up a server environment, and you can do this, simply installing the prerequisite software, including PHP, Apache, and MySQL
● Download the latest version of Magento software i.e., Magento 2, and install it using either the Web Setup Wizard (or command line).
● Lastly, verify the installation by viewing your storefront as well as the Magento admin.
For non-techy users or beginners, setting up a store can be a little tricky. So, if you are also one of them, then you can go for LitExtension’s All-in-one service, which makes this migration process easier for those who don’t have much technical knowledge.
Step 2: Create a Backup
It’s an important step to consider because your data is the root of your online store. It is good to back up everything before you make any changes to your online store. This way, you will not have a fear of losing your data anymore. To back up your data on Shopify, follow these steps-
● Go to the Shopify backend.● Export data to CSV (Comma Separated Values) file (used to perform a manual backup of the store).
Step 3: Select the ideal way to perform Shopify to Magento 2 migration
There are two ways to perform this task-
● Manual migration
● Using an automated migration tool
A.) Shopify to Magento 2 Migration Manually
For the manual Shopify to Magento 2 migration, the foremost step is to export all the necessary data from Shopify to CSV files. Import all your data to Magento 2.
1. Before you kick off this digital migration process, a user should consider two important points.
–> First, review existing data & decide what type of data you want to migrate.
–> Secondly, check what type of data you can export via CSV files from Shopify. The other thing you need to know is what type of data is imported by CSV files that are supported by Magento.
2. When it comes to exporting, the row-limit for each file is 9000. If, in case your data is more than this row figure, then exporting the data manually is not possible, and you have to rely on an export app from the Shopify store. On the other hand, if the data is less than 9000 rows, then export everything to CSV files for further ease in importing the data into your Magento 2 installation.
3. The next step is to navigate the Magento admin dashboard and then click on System, Import/Export, & Data Profiles.
4. After this, data transferring has become super-easy. Now you can import to Magento 2, just be selecting CSV files. At the point, you can import a few things, such as Advanced Pricing, Products, Customers and Addresses, Customers Main File, Customer Addresses.
5. There are some primary pieces of data, including the supported data, that can’t be manually implemented. So, what would you do? In such a case, the only solution to import your data to Magento 2 is to copy & paste content from your old website.
B. Shopify to Magento 2 Migration with an Automated Migration Tool
Here, we have discussed the Shopify to Magento 2 migration with an automated tool process from A to Z. Check it out-
Step 1: Create a new account, or you can log in to the LitExtension website.
Step 2: Visit your account & click “Create New Migration” to begin.
Step 3: Set up your Source and Target Cart. Here, you need to select the Source cart type as Shopify. Add API key, passwords, and select Magento as per your Target cart type, and add the target URL of the store into the blank bar. Click LitExtension Connector to download the connector, extract the zip file, and upload the connector to Source Store’s root folder.
Step 4: Select all the entities you want to migrate
Step 5: Perform Migration from Shopify to Magento 2
Free demo migration is also available. In case if you don’t want this, then you can skip this option by clicking the “Skip Demo Migration” button. BY doing this, you can bring a step forward to full migration.
Step 4: Go Through Your Online Store After Migration.
After the migration, the next essential step is to check the result. It is a foremost step to consider, as it will let you know the mistakes or issues you need to focus on. Go through your new store, including the store-end and back-end. You can take the assistance of LitExtension. It provides you complete instructions to evaluate and check the performance of your e-store after the process of migration.
Step 5: Theme & Customization Migration
The process of migrating Shopify themes to Magento 2 is impossible. That’s true! No one can’t simply do this. One has to recreate the themes for their smooth working on the Magento platform or go for the solutions listed below-
1. Install a Free theme for Magento 2: A variety of Magento 2 responsive themes are available on the internet that one can freely download and install on the new website.
2. Get a pre-built Magento 2 theme: For ready-made Magento themes, you have to loosen up your pocket a little. Such paid Magento themes are better both in design and functionality, as compared to the free themes or templates.
3. Recreate the theme or create a unique one: Two options are available. First, build a theme or template, based on the design of your old website on Shopify, or you can design a unique and all-new Magento theme for your online store.
Step 6: Migrate Recent Data From Your Old E-Store to a New One.
While the migration process, the activities are still normally running on your online store. After accomplishing the migration, it is essential to move your SEO data from your old store on Shopify to an all-new store on the Magento platform with help of SEO Experts. This whole process can be trouble-free with the assistance of LitExtension as it provides the ease of migrating the recent data for free and unlimited times within 3 months after the initial migration.
For migration with Litextension, follow the below-listed steps-
Step 1: Login account on LitExtension site & select Recent Migration.
Step 2: Follow the simple steps that you did when setting up the full process.
Step 7: Switch Domain
The last step on our list is switching the domain. After migrating the data from Shopify to Magento 2, prefer changing DNS and switching domain to your new e-store built on the Magento platform.
So, now you have a complete step-by-step guide for secure Shopify to Magento data migration. Because this migration process is a very tedious task, therefore. We have come up with this blog post, discussing everything that you need to know about. This entire migration procedure from your old e-store on Shopify to the new e-store on Magento. We hope you find this piece of content useful and good enough to answer. All your questions related to Shopify to Magento data migration.